Neem contact op met een van onze specialisten, we vertellen je graag meer over deze vacature.
We work fast, grow fast, and build fast. Life at Dan moves in fast-forward motion. We’re a team that focuses on making an impact — right from day one. We are go-getters, industry leaders, and dreamers. Risk takers. Roll-up-your-sleeves-and-make-it-happen kind of people. We thrive on transparency, and we value solution-minded attitudes. We are all driven by one ethos: Get Shit Done. We love shaping things together and leveraging different perspectives, because that makes our products better. Our people are empowered with freedom and opportunity; in return, we expect honesty, courage, and agility. We own our work, and sometimes we fail. And then we get back up and cross the finish line — together as a team. Sound refreshing? We think so, too.
Senior Software Developer
Software Developers play a big role in our Product Team. With your fellow developers, you'll develop, maintaining and expand our product design systems and frameworks in a highly collaborative environment where everyone’s input is valued.
Our product teams have the freedom and authority to create impactful products to empower both our internal and external users. We use an agile development methodology, meaning we deploy code multiple times per day while ensuring our applications are rigorously tested and statically analyzed.
In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious groups of people working in Amsterdam. We push each other to be our absolute best and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy getting out of bed every morning.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with other designers, developers, and users to develop simple, elegant flows and interfaces that help solve complex user problems.
- You take ownership and lead the building of (user facing) features. Shipping often is important to you and you see things through to the end.
- Craft product experiences that seamlessly bridge multiple touchpoints, from desktop to mobile interfaces.
- Help maintain a strong and future proof code language and continually raise our bar for quality.
- You have 5+ years of experience and a strong track record of working with Ruby on Rails as a Senior Developer
- You have a good grasp of Object-Oriented Programming and can explain how to structure clean code.
- You can explain how to use the SOLID Design Principles, but also when not to.
- You are familiar with front-end principles and a keen eye for design
- You are experienced practicing Test Driven Development, preferably Outside-in TDD
- You prefer a large structured monolith over small microservices
- You uphold best practices in developing, security, and performance
- You have full (professional) proficiency in English, both verbally and written
- Plus: Experience with front-end build systems like Webpack
- Plus: Experience with Sys-ops experience (AWS)
- Plus: Experience with handling continuous growth and mass scale
- Top notch equipment
- Free lunch and healthy snacks, every day. Yup, you read that right!
- Friday after-work drinks at the office
- Company and team outings (from dinners and paintball to gaming and movie nights — and everything in between)
- A game room for our Fifa tournaments
- A team of (fast-)forward-thinking, talented and fun colleagues from all over the world!
- Great Salary!